E! News Online is reporting on information from “multiple sources” that say that the Oscar-winning sexpot is the front runner to the play the lead female role in the upcoming “Mad Max 4.”
Director George Miller already nixed the idea that Gibson would reprise his role saying back in 2007 when the film was first announced that star would be too old to play the renegade antihero, “Mad” Max Rockatansky. “I don’t think he would be interested in being involved at all,” he added.
British actor Tom Hardy, best known for his roles in “Black Hawk Down,” “Band of Brothers,” and his electric performance as a volatile prisoner in “Bronson,” is the new front runner set to star opposite Theron.
No casting choices are confirmed and no formal offers have yet been made.
Studio is currently scouting locations and is planning to start shooting in June 2010 for a 2011 release.
- Dancing through hardship: Why ‘Happy Feet Two’ is better than you think
- Christopher Nolan’s lady troubles: Why ‘The Dark Knight Rises’ may be Anne Hathaway’s biggest challenge
- Anne Hathaway to play Catwoman, Tom Hardy to play Bane in ‘The Dark Knight Rises’
- Marching through a blizzard at the bottom of the world: George Miller’s microcosmic penguin mythmaking
- Tom Hardy to Reunite With Christopher Nolan for ‘Batman 3′