Quentin Tarantino is wasting no time filling out the cast for his latest project “Django Unchained.” Sacha Baron Cohen is the latest actor set to sign on to the slavery revenge flick, which already boasts an impressive cast of Jamie Foxx, Leonardo DiCaprio and Christoph Waltz.
The story centers on a slave-turned-bounty hunter (Foxx) who embarks on a rescue/revenge mission to free his wife from her sadistic slavedriver. Baron Cohen’s prospective role would be that of Scotty, a gambler who purchases Django’s wife to be his female companion.
Shooting is scheduled to begin in early 2012 with a US release planned for Dec. 25, 2012.
The Weinstein Co. will release “Django Unchained” domestically and Sony Pictures will release the pic overseas.
- ‘Farah Goes Bang’ writer/director awarded Norah Ephron Prize at Tribeca
- Focus Features picks up Jean-Marc Vallee’s ‘Dallas Buyers Club’
- Disney buys Lucasfilm for $4 billion, plans ‘Star Wars 7′ for 2015
- Kelly Marcel to write screenplay for adaptation of ‘Fifty Shads of Grey’
- Tony Scott’s 5 best films