According to Bloody Disgusting he’ll be teaming up with Carl Mazzocone to bring a sequel to Tobe Hooper’s cult favorite, “Texas Chainsaw Massacre” to the big screen.
Lionsgate and Twisted Pictures are reported as in the final stages of readying a script by Debra Sullivan and Adam Marcus (“Jason Goes to Hell: The Final Friday”) called “Leatherface 3D.”
Word is that the plot picks up immediately where Hooper’s original ends and then flashes forward 35 years where the bulk of the story takes place.
Lionsgate and Twisted Pictures snared the rights to the property after Platinum Dunes and New Line Cinema decided against making a follow up to their 2003 remake of the classic film.
- ‘Farah Goes Bang’ writer/director awarded Norah Ephron Prize at Tribeca
- Focus Features picks up Jean-Marc Vallee’s ‘Dallas Buyers Club’
- Disney buys Lucasfilm for $4 billion, plans ‘Star Wars 7′ for 2015
- Kelly Marcel to write screenplay for adaptation of ‘Fifty Shads of Grey’
- Online critics announce nominees for 2011 OFCS Awards