Despite scathing reviews and a general consensus that it fails to equal its predecessor, “Transformers: The Revenge of the Fallen,” Paramount-DreamWorks’ action-packed sequel to Bay’s smash hit, “Transformers” continued its domination of the box office Friday raking in $36.7 million and raising its running domestic earnings to a staggering $125.9 million over just three days.
“Revenge of the Fallen” is currently on track for a five-day worldwide box office record, but experts have estimated that its domestic earnings over the same period may be north of $190 million. Christopher Nolan’s “The Dark Knight,” holds the five-day opening domestic box office record with $203.8 million.
“Revenge of the Fallen” is currently playing at 4,234 theaters, 169 of which are Imax.
- Christopher Nolan’s lady troubles: Why ‘The Dark Knight Rises’ may be Anne Hathaway’s biggest challenge
- Henry Cavill to play Superman in Zack Snyder-directed film
- Anne Hathaway to play Catwoman, Tom Hardy to play Bane in ‘The Dark Knight Rises’
- The Social Network named Best Picture by Online Film Critics Society
- Daniel Day-Lewis to Play Abraham Lincoln in Spielberg Biopic