The film premiered the same day at the Sundance Film Festival. The Heretic Films and NewAley Pictures production is written by Pollak and John Varhous, and produced by Becky Newhall, Burton Ritchie and Barry Katz. Ben Galecki, Ashton Newhall, Liz Davidson and Jess Ravich are the executive producers. Tribeca is targeting a 2015 spring release.
Tom Hanks, Jimmy Fallon, Amy Schumer, Judd Apatow, Jon Favreau, Lisa Kudrow, Larry David, Steve Coogan, Jim Gaffigan, and Whoopi Goldberg are among over 60 famous funny people featured in the film, which aims to shine a light on the strange profession of making strangers laugh.
“As a first time director, I couldn’t ask for more than the thrill and assurance I’ve received from the entire team at Tribeca. This is a huge victory and celebration for my team,” said Pollak.
- Documentarist 2013 means more in light of Gezi Resistance
- ‘Farah Goes Bang’ writer/director awarded Norah Ephron Prize at Tribeca
- Focus Features picks up Jean-Marc Vallee’s ‘Dallas Buyers Club’
- Disney buys Lucasfilm for $4 billion, plans ‘Star Wars 7’ for 2015
- Kelly Marcel to write screenplay for adaptation of ‘Fifty Shads of Grey’